Windows 10 Upgrade – Installing Required Updates
Important: PhoneTree hardware is only compatible with USB 2.0. If you only have USB 3.0 ports available, you will need to purchase a USB 2.0 hub. PhoneTree can provide recommendations on models, as well as purchase options.
To update your PhoneTree hardware drivers for Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10:
** Before beginning the steps below, be sure to close the PhoneTree software program.
- Go into Device Manager (type “Device Manager” in your search box to the bottom left).
- Search for the conflict in the Device Manager (Unknown Device, yellow background, black exclamation point).
- NOTE: Look under Universal Serial Bus Controllers (select the drop down option on the left). If there is a “PhoneTree USB Lines Composite device” that reflects a conflict:
- Right-click on the “PhoneTree Composite device” entry and select “uninstall”.
- Select the "Delete the driver software" check box.
- Click OK.
- Go up to “Action” at the top of the page and select “Scan for hardware changes”.
- Other Devices should now appear and display “PhoneTreeUSB” with a conflict (It may show more than 1 depending on the number of lines).
4a. If this is your first time performing these steps, then Download the drivers by clicking https://downloads.phonetree.com/Deliveries/Download/95aad634-7752-41e2-93a5-aa9baf846609. Run the installer. Your hardware will be installed.
4b. If you have previously installed the Driver Package, then under OTHER Devices you will see PhoneTreeUSB Conflict. Right click on PhoneTreeUSB and choose Update Driver. Then choose "Browse my computer for Driver Software". Browse to the path C:\PhoneTreeDrivers then click Next. Once Successfully installed, click Close and repeat this process for any other PhoneTreeUSB Conflicts.
** If you see "PhoneTree USB Loader", then try using a different USB port, and then following the directions above. If you are still experiencing an issue after trying that, then contact PhoneTree Support