Important: Before text messages can be sent with PhoneTree Premium, a valid email account must be added to the Configure eMail icon, located on the Admin desktop (see page 32 of the VoiceWave Series User Guide - right-click on the link and select "Save Target As" or "Save link as"). This is a one-time step, permitting the email account remains active.
- Exit the Call Center by clicking on PhoneTree. A screen may appear asking "You are about to pause calling. Do you wish to continue?" Click Yes. Please note: Paused message jobs can be resumed by clicking back on the Call Center tab.
- Click the desired PhoneTree icon to access your list.
- On the List Editor screen, enter the cell phone number (including the area code) in the Text Number column and select the cell phone carrier from Text Provider column for each person you wish to send a text message to (when using a View other than Entire List, ensure the E-Mail column is enabled - refer to the Views chapter of the VoiceWave Series User Guide for more information).
- Click the Wizard icon from the top toolbar.
- On the first Wizard screen, enable Send a FreeText� Message. If you would like to send a phone message and/or an email message in addition to your text message, make those selections now (Note: For instructions on how to configure the phone and/or email message Wizard screens, click Help on each corresponding screen.). Then, continue clicking Next until you reach the "Specify a text message to deliver." screen.
- Enter your text message in the box provided. When finished, click Next. Please Note: Text messages have a maximum size of 160 characters. Any part of the message past the 160th character will NOT be delivered.
- On the Notify screen, choose to send your message now or save it for later:
- If you are ready to send your message, select Notify and select your preferred view from the drop-down menu (when using a View other than Entire List, ensure the Text Number and Text Provider columns are enabled - refer to the Views chapter of the VoiceWave Series User Guide for more information). Click OK to send your message job to the Call Center to be queued for delivery.
- To send your message at a later time, select Save changes and exit and click OK. To send your saved message(s), reopen the Call Wizard and continue clicking Next until you reach the Notify screen again. Then, select Notify and choose your View from the drop-down menu. Click OK to send your message job to the Call Center to be queued for delivery.