Skip to content
PhoneTree Premium has the capability to play its message again if the listener presses the "Star" key [*] on their telephone keypad (up to 5 times). This feature is sometimes called "Star to Repeat" and is great if your message is long or has information people might want to write down. Here's how to enable this feature:
Now use Easy Call or the Call Wizard to record your message in the usual way. Be sure to mention in your message the "Star" key can be pressed to hear the message again. For instance: "Hi, this is Sue calling from the church with this week's activities. The bake sale will be at 12 noon at the Southland Shopping Center. Please come 15 minutes early so we can get set up. Also, the Outreach Committee meeting will be Thursday night at 7:00, and the Mother's Morning Out will be Friday morning from 9 to 12 noon. And don't forget that Agnes Johnson is in room 342 at Memorial Hospital and would really appreciate a visit or a phone call. To hear this message again, press the "Star" key now. Thanks and have a great day!"
- Exit the Call Center by clicking on PhoneTree. A screen may appear asking "You are about to pause calling. Do you wish to continue?" Click Yes. Please note: Paused message jobs can be resumed by clicking back on the Call Center tab.
- Click the desired PhoneTree icon to access your list.
- On the List Editor screen, click the Options icon from the top toolbar.
- Click on the Call Settings tab.
- Enable Allow star [*] key to repeat message.
- Click OK.
Now, for the next call session you start with this list, it will play its message again for anyone who presses the "Star" key [*].