Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and choose Personalize.
- Click Screen Saver.
- Set the Screen saver drop-down menu to None. Next, click Change power settings.
- Click Change plan settings for the currently selected Power Plan.
- Set Turn off the display, Put the computer to sleep to Never. Next, click Change advanced power settings.
- From the list of advance settings, click the + symbol next to the following items:
- Hard Disk: set Turn off hard disk after to 0 minutes. This will change the setting to Never.
- Sleep: set Sleep after and Hibernate after both to 0 minutes.
- Display: set Turn off display after to 0 minutes and Adaptive display to Off.
- When finished, click Apply, then click OK.
- Back on the Edit Plan Settings tab, click Save changes to exit.
- Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and choose Properties.
- Click Power.
- Click the Power Schemes tab.
- Set Turn off monitor, Turn off hard disks, and System standby all to Never. Next, click the Hibernate tab.
- Disable Enable hibernation. Then, click OK.
- Click OK on the Display Properties screen to exit and return to your desktop.